Friday, June 4, 2010

Summer + Kids + Water = Fun

The movie theater right by our house has a fountain that gets turned on every summer and the kids love to go there and play in it. It's great because the Mom's can sit on a bench and chat while the kids wear themselves out - and the best part is I don't have to put on a swimsuit (not ready for that yet).

We have gone several times this week, and I'm sure we will spend a lot of our time here.






The kids like to bring cups (the red thing in the picture), put them on the nozzles, and watch them shoot up with the water.






The girls prefer to watch from a distance. They con their brothers into filling their cups for them which they promptly dump on the ground and then ask for a refill. Big brothers are great for stuff like that!

And when the sun gets too hot, they wrap themselves in a towel and take a break.

I had to include a picture of the prettiest baby in the world. She will be a month old tomorrow. She is still so sweet and never cries if someone is holding her. She does not like to be alone so it's a good thing we have a lot of helping hands (sometimes too helpful). My house is a wreck right now because I spend a lot of my day nursing and holding her, but I don't care. It reminds me of this poem:
"Cleaning and scrubbing can wait til tomorrow
for babies grow up as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."

So pardon the mess if you come to my house!!

5 comments:

Mel said...

Looks like fun. We have played in fountains like that this week too. Nothing better in the heat. Although the place I went had big umbrellas for the mom to sit under so that was fabulous.

Karina said...

Who would want to clean with such a cute baby around to hold?!

Tara said...

Great photos! I love the first one of B... he looks SO grown up there!

COKE FAMILY said...

Perfect way to cool off. Baby sis looked like she enjoyed it too.

Ashley Tremaine said...

Love that poem...and I completely agree! My home is always a mess because I am constantly nursing and holding Owen!! Love your blog!! Gonna join and check in often.