I haven't blogged in the last few days, so I thought I would do a really long post and let you know what we have been up to this past weekend.
We had my nephew over for a sleepover. The kids had a blast!! Who knew that a cheap plastic pool, plus a dollars worth of waterballoons would be so fun. They spent hours filling up waterballoons and dropping them in the pool. The only downside is that I ended up tying about a hundred balloons.
Brinkley had a blast in the water too. He would jump in the pool with the kids, steal their balloons and carry them off to the fence to try and bury them. John and I were surprised that he didn't pop them. We could even throw them to him and he would catch them in his mouth without popping them.
J had a class where they talked about geysers, and then what would happen if you dropped mentos in soda. So we tried the little experiment when we had our nephew over. The kids thought it was hillarious and the soda went really high actually.
We also went to the zoo. The zoo here has a pretty cool exhibit where you can feed and touch the giraffes. They have extremely long, slimy tongues.
If you hold a cracker out, they will come up and stick out their tongue until you put the cracker on it and then they curl their tongues around it and in the process slime your hand. Good thing there is plenty of anti-bacterial soap!!
I also turned 30 this weekend. I know, I am old!! My friends took me out to breakfast in the morning and I came home to find this on my porch.
Our tree was covered in black crepe paper and there were signs that said 30 all over the yard. Later that night we had some friends over to celebrate. Here I am stuffing my face with cake and ice cream.
I can't believe the summer is coming to an end. I went to Target today and there is already a crowd over by the school supplies section. Before I know it J will be in school and T will start kindergarten.



1 comment:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! What a fun way to turn 3o. I love all the black.
Post a Comment