Saturday, July 5, 2008

Food, Fun, and Fireworks

I hope you all had a good Fourth of July. We had a fun time. The Sky Sox (local baseball team) were playing here yesterday so we thought it would be fun to get tickets and go with some of our friends. We went a couple hours earlier and taligated (we got pretty crazy with our rootbeer and caffiene free Pepsi). I think this might be the first time I have ever tailgated.
Here is a picture of us eating.




Baby Girl LOVES watermelon.
She was pretty happy if we just kept the watermelon coming.


T wanted a picture sitting on the baseball. It wasn't raining, I told him he had to carry his own jacket incase it rained and he thought it was easier to just wear it, even though it was stinkin hot.


Let me translate these looks " Where are the fireworks?" "We have been sitting here for a couple of hours and I still haven't seen a firework." "You're not lying to us about the fireworks are you?"



The darker it got, the more restless the kids got. B was having a good old time running from bleacher to bleacher (sometimes over people we didn't know - sigh)

He had to wear his new Spiderman shirt



A swell picture of John and I. Baby Girl pretty much had had it by then.


Alas, the fireworks. It was a great show and everyone was happy we had stuck it out long enough to see it. I only tried to snap a couple of pictures because who wants to be taking pictures the whole way through?





I don't know if I have ever been so thankful to be an American and to live in the country that we do. John and I were talking about this the other day and we said "How did we get so lucky to be born in America AND have the gospel?" While I don't know the exact answer to that, I am so thankful that we live in a country where we are free. I am so grateful that we can choose how we want to live, what we want to believe, and who we want to represent us. And, I am grateful that we have people who are willing to sacrifice so that we continue to have this blessing. Now, if we could just do something about those gas prices =). Happy Fourth of July everyone!!

2 comments:

Robin said...

hothv
Sounds like you guys had a great time, We had our annual breakfast. We have been doing that for years... Its great to see your family growing up. Thanks for posting.

Holly said...

What a fun day of celebrating our freedom!