I absolutely LOVED the books. I went in to the movie knowing that I would not like it as much as the books (movies are never as good). But, I was still disappointed. I just don't get Hollywood, I guess. If you have a book that people love, why change it up? Stick to the script people, is that so hard???? I don't want to ruin the movie for anybody who is going to see it, but there were several parts from the book that the movie butchered. My favorite part of the book is the whole "Edward in the sun" meadow scene. That was the worst part of the movie I thought. Anyway, I won't sit here and gripe anymore. Has anyone else seen it? What did you think?
Today I am thankful for time out. I love my kids, but I relish the time I have away from them also. It is good to get out with friends, recharge a little bit, and have adult conversations. I think it makes me a better mother. I always come home feeling refreshed.



6 comments:
Rachel -- I'm so sorry! I know how hard it is when you love a book so much and they ruin it on the screen. I agree with you, what is with Hollywood that they think they need to tweak everything? If it's a blockbuster, that means it worked already. Get a clue Tinsletown. Anyway, I think I'm going to pass on the film.
You already saw the movie? :) The book was by far better, but I really liked the baseball game. I finally figured out who Jasper reminded me of---Edward Scissorhands with that goofy face.
I like the movie. I didn't think it was the greatest ever... I graded it a B+.
BUT, the only reason I liked is because I went in with really low expectations. Also, I was constantly reminding myself throughout that I had to suspend my vision of the book and just appreciate it for the low budget teen romance film that it was.
I came away pretty happy with it. I'm seeing it again tomorrow just to make sure. ;-)
I liked it I knew it would be different but I decided just to like it unless it was risque and I did
Haven't seen it. Maybe I don't want to either, huh? Go to my blog and click on Russell Family. My friend put a funny spoof from the trailer. It's silly.
I'm sorry you were disappointed! I definitely didn't think it was the best made movie ever (the actors that played Eric and Jasper were AWFUL!) but I still enjoyed myself. I liked it enough that i'm sure I will watch it one or two or ten more times :)
Post a Comment