Saturday, November 15, 2008

Houston, we have a climber

John poured some cereal today, went to get the milk, came back and Baby Girl was on the chair eating out of his bowl. He moved the bowl farther away, and Baby Girl got up on the table. I saw her and said "Great, now we have to make sure the chairs are all pushed in."


"That won't stop her," John said "watch this."


He then pushed all the chairs in, took Baby Girl's toy away from her, put it on top of the table and stood back. Baby Girl pulled out the chair, climbed up, and then got on the table.



Apparently he saw her do it yesterday. What a stinker!!



I don't like it when they start to climb, it makes me so nervous.



Today I am thankful for John's parents. I am grateful that he was raised in the church and taught by loving parents. I am thankful that his Mom taught him how to treat a lady and taught him that family was important. I am thankful his Dad taught him the value of hard work and earning a living. I am thankful they both taught him to honor his priesthood, and planted seeds of testimony that would grow and develop as he matured. I am thankful that they welcomed me with open arms into their family and they support us in our decisions now, and love our children. I couldn't ask for better in-laws.

3 comments:

Maureen said...

I have a feeling that you aren't going to be calling her "baby" girl much longer...seems she's moving on, figuring stuff out, and making her own place in the world.

I really liked your gratitude posting today. You have a great blessing in John and his family don't you? How great!

Maddy said...

ACK! I hate it when they stop being easy.

Tara said...

What a cutie! I loved watching her in church today. I love her facial expressions! She's SO cute!!!

BTW...Lucky you on the in-laws! Wanna trade? hee hee