Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Halloween Stuff

I found my camera, so here are the halloween pictures I promised.



Since we have moved to Colorado, I have bought the kids costumes a couple of sizes too big because, without fail, it is freezing that night and the kids have to wear about three layers of clothes and their coat underneath their costume. This year was different. We had unseasonably warm weather (I think it was 70 degrees during the day). It made for a pleasant night of trick or treating. Here are the kids in their costumes:



We also made caramel apples




This guy couldn't stay away from them.


And of course we carved pumpkins.



John's puking pumpkin. Nice, right?



I have decided to start writing something I am thankful for with each of my posts to celebrate the season of Thanksgiving. So here it goes:

With the election over, I can't help but be thankful that I live in a country that is a democracy. Even if the candidate I supported did not win, at least I had the option of researching the candidates, choosing the candidate I thought would do the best job, and then voting for him. I am so thankful that I have that right. When I look at other countries around the world, I am very, very grateful that I live in the good old U S of A.

5 comments:

Tara said...

Love John's pumpkin!

And I need to keep telling myself that about being grateful for a Democracy...even though...

I HAVE lived in another country and I AM so proud and grateful for the freedoms we have!! Things could really be A LOT worse! I know! I've seen them!!
Thanks for the reminder!

Maddy said...

I love the pumpkin and Ellie is so JEALOUS of the caramel apples. Please invite her next time ;D

Great post!

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

I second and third the pumpkin comments. Like the costumes. Your kids are getting too big. Nice thoughts on voting.

Maureen said...

I really like the idea of blogging about those things for which you are grateful this month. I may have to take a page from your book and do the same.

You are so right about the freedom and the priviledges we share here in this country. Makes you want to take a deep breath and drink it all in!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to have the election over as well, in California it it was a huge fight. Four other states had similar legislation as our prop 8. Prop 8 has been my life the last two months, seriously, 14 hours a day. It's the biggest fight our generation has had. Anyway, I just have to say, that's what I'm most grateful for this year. I'm SO GLAD to have been part of God's Miracle for California. I've got war stories, small miracles and battle scars from the trenches here:

http://beetlebabee.wordpress.com/