Saturday, May 23, 2009

First Haircut

Yesterday when I was putting the kids to bed I noticed scissors and hair on the bathroom floor. I knew immediately whose hair it was - Baby Girl. I remembered Baby Girl and B laughing up in the bathroom earlier although I hadn't really noticed any bad bald spots on her during the day. This morning, however, she does have a noticeable bare spot on the back of her head. I guess B was trying his hand at being a beautician. He thought her hair needed some layers and some visual interest.



What do you think? Should I cut the longer hair around it or just leave it? I really hope this is the only incident of unsupervised hair cutting that we have in this house. At least it happened now and not when she has a head full of long beautiful curls.

9 comments:

Tara said...

My opinion is to cut it. It will all grow faster if you do. I swear! I grew up with a salon in our basement and have heard that all my life. I've seen it with my kids, too! The more you trim and keep it 'healthy', the faster it'll grow! Even if she doesn't have a ton of hair, brush it often and it'll grow! Good luck! Don't cha just love that?!

bedelia said...

I vote cut. I use to cut my own hair as a kid.

Kari said...

I would cut it. We have had our fair share of child barbers! Hope this will be the only one.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry, there's nothing worse than an unintended first haircut, especially on your cute little girl. I agree, cut it.

Robin said...

Rachel cute Aaron and a friends hair when they were little.

Robin said...

It will grown back. have a good day.

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Oh no! We had a little girl who after cutting her sister's hair once continued to cut hair about once every 6 months or so. Watch out for that second trim. I would even it out, it will look better as it grows.

Maureen said...

And I'd always believed that silence was an indication that something was going on! I guess I can add giggling to that now. Tara's right... cut it. The hair will grow faster the more you trim it. Doesn't make sense, but it sure worked with my kids!

marcia@joyismygoal said...

leave it-- it will remind them not to do it again or to try and even it so maybe cut it:) The kids all cut zach's hair and it stuck straight up for weeks:)