He is 9 today, which I can't even believe. Next year we will have a child in the double digits. Yikes!! We celebrated his birthday last Friday. He wanted a Star Wars theme so we had his friends come over dressed up in their favorite costume.
We had pizza for dinner, then the kiddos (and John) each made a light saber out of pool noodles and duct tape. Oh the many uses of duct tape.
Before they became Jedi Knights they had to pass three trials where they used the force to keep balloons from hitting them, and throw their light sabers through targets and things like that. Then they got to search all over the house for "asteroids" which was really candy wrapped in foil.
Then we got to the best part of the night according to J. The opening of the presents. This bionicle created quite a stir when he was opened. All the boys were "oohhing" and "awwing" over him. J really likes bionicles and legos and that is what every present was. It was a good night for him!!
We put trick candles on his cake this year, but he blew them out right away. Not a single one re lit. Is there some trick to the trick candles?? Do they have to be lit for a while before you blow them out?
The boys spent the rest of the night whacking each other with their light sabers (which was okay because they were made out of pool noodles). It was fun. Today we will take J out to dinner and let him open his presents from us.
Happy Birthday J!!!



11 comments:
What a sweet boy it shows in his eyes -- cute cake
What a great idea for the light sabers! I love it! I may use it sometime.
Happy Birthday J! WOW, 9 years old already. THat year went quick. Glad he had a great party. K is still waiting for hers :(
Happy B-day!! Nicole is right behind you...she'll be 9 in July. Although, I doubt there will be light sabers. :0)
He looks so much like John! Holy Cow! And bummer on the trick candles. I think that would be so funny!
How fun! I can totally see grown men having a blast w/ the light sabers. Glad he enjoyed his party!
I think I will have Jeremiah read this post, and see if he just wants to copy your ideas. It seems to me he mentioned wanting to do a Star Wars party and this would save me time coming up with ideas. So, thanks. I may email you to get more details.
Happy Birthday J! I hope your mom passes on this message to you. Sorry I'm too lazy to call.
The grown up so fast. I remember being there when you were pregnant with him..How time flies.
I always loved my boys birthday parties when they were little. A lot like J's, and tons o' fun!
Happy Birthday to your sweet little guy!
Hi J! do you remember me Jeremiah?We played LEGO STAR WARS with brooms and teacups. I am going to have a Star Wars party with evryone bringing Nerf blasters and lightsabers.It's my ninth too! Coming up in June.
Post a Comment