Tomorrow school starts for my older two (picture me doing the happy dance). They are so excited to go back, and I am really playing it up because I know it won't be too many more years before they are dreading the first day of school.
A few things I'll miss:
- sleeping in
- having all my babies around
-being able to go and do something together any time of the day
A few things I'm looking forward to:
- a little more peace and quiet
- having the house stay clean for more than 10 minutes
- spending time with just the younger two (until B starts preschool)
Today we went to Pizza Hut for lunch (it's tradition), and tonight John will give them Father's blessings, and we rented a movie to watch. Stay tuned for pictures of their first day of school!!
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
I feel the same as you do. I am always a little bit sad when summer ends and they go back to the "routine". *sigh* Plus, I hate getting up for seminary!
I completely agree! My youngest starts preschool in September so I will have 3 mornings a week all to myself
Summer seems to end so soon. Some parents say they are sick of their kids by the end....I like spending time with my kids (most of the time) and I'm not really ready for them to go back to school. Besides, I'll loose my best babysitter for the little guy. :(
You seem to cherish the times more I think when you know they are leaving the roost soon. I have had a great summer with my kiddos. They make me laugh so hard and I will miss the time with them.
My oldest starts Kindergarten this yea. I can't believe it. We don't start until the 24th. you guys start so early! I love that you guys have traditions before school starts, so cool.
I think you nailed it! I'm gonna miss those things, too...yet I'm excited for the fighting to end and to have a semi-clean house for a little while! I'm gonna have 2 hours/2 days a week ALONE!! Tyler is starting preschool and Morgan will start kindergarten! Where has the time gone???
I always miss the lazy mornings too. At least we have a routine again. Next year I'll get a fun year like you. This year I have to suffer from the 3 kids at home. How did you survive?
Post a Comment