Monday, February 8, 2010

A Bear and a Birthday

Ugh, I haven't blogged about two big events that happened in my boy's lives last week. Wait, it has been almost 2 weeks now. Wow, I have been a slacker!

J received his Bear badge in scouts and 4 arrow points (with one more on the way). He LOVES being a scout and is so anxious to earn all his badges and get all the arrow points he can. I have to say that right now scouting is fun for me too. I only have one boy in (that will change next year), and I can pass off all the requirements with J. Once he gets into Boy Scouts my feelings might be different, but right now it really is enjoyable

This guy turned 7 on the 31st of January! I can't believe he is that old already. Seriously, where does the time go?? I only do a friend party for my kids every other year and T had one last year. So, this year was very low key. We had a bunch of family over and had pizza and cake and ice cream. And of course he opened presents, because what is a birthday without presents?

T is such a sweet, sensitive boy. Don't get me wrong, he loves to wrestle and loves all things boy, but he is my only child that appears to be sensitive to other people's feelings. He is the first one to know when someone isn't feeling well, or is sad, or in need of a hug. We have to be very careful how we scold him, because sometimes he will burst into tears if you look at him the wrong way. T is VERY protective of his little sister and will do anything for her. In turn, she loves and trusts him - they have a special relationship those two. His favorite color - orange; his favorite food - pizza or mac and cheese; his favorite movie - Star Wars; his favorite toys - legos. I love this boy and the sweet spirit he brings to our home. Happy Birthday T!!

And just so we don't forget the other two kiddos, here are some funny things they have said recently:

B: Asked me if our GPS knew how to get to heaven. I checked, it doesn't =)

When Baby Girl wants something, she will ask you for it, and then add "say yes" on the end. For example:
"Mama, can I have a fruit snack? Say yes"
It is so darn cute, and how can you say no to that???

4 comments:

Maureen said...

Can you imagine a world without children in it?? Whenever I read posts like this my heart just wants to sing. These sweet little milestones of Cubscouts and birthdays, and little girls sweet sayings .... who needs tiaras and trips to Paris? You have everything, Rachael, and how fun is that??

Mel said...

Love scouts now, cuz it gets harder in boy scouts. More things to do and YOU can't pass them off on them. More pressure, so get ready. And I feel for you with all those boys. That was the time I was glad I only had one. But if he stays excited, then it will be much easier on you.

Jen said...

Hahahahahaha! Baby girl needs to join the Garrens! What a hoot! And those boys... so sweet.

Melissa Savage said...

I love the "say yes". I'm glad my kiddos have never said that to me -I wouldn't have been able to resist either! Too cute.