Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sweet

Today was not a good day. It started early this morning when I woke up at 2 am and couldn't get back to sleep. It is so frustrating to just lie in bed while everyone else is sleeping and not be able to go back to sleep. I kept hearing John snoring away peacefully and if I wasn't a nice person I might have socked him one!! =)

Anyway after the two older kids went to school, I crashed on the couch in the hopes of maybe getting a little sleep while my younger kids watched t.v. B came over and asked if I was sick. I answered no, that I was just exhausted. He asked what exhausted meant, and I told him it meant REALLY tired. Next thing I knew he had got me a blanket and was laying it on top of me. He went upstairs and dug up my Cosmo stuffed animal (it's special to me because my Mom gave it to me when I went away to college) and brought it down to me. He then massaged my head and gave me a kiss. "I'll be quiet so you can sleep", he said.

My heart overflowed with love for this sweet boy of mine. I thought to myself, maybe we are doing something right with him. What a wonderful, perfect little boy. Then he ran out of the living room smacking his behind and making fart noises with his mouth. Okay, so we need to work on that, but he's still the sweetest, most wonderfully perfect boy ever!

4 comments:

Mel said...

I was up about 2:30 two nighta ago and laid there for over an hour. Finally ended up turning on the tv-thank goodness the Olympics are on at that unsightly hour.

Thank goodness for those moments that remind us that it is all worth it!

Tara said...

Oh I am so sorry! I hope you will be able to sleep tonight. If not, I'm going to come get B & A and let you sleep for a while.
Not gonna take No for an answer.

=)

Kari said...

so sweet!! It is amazing how kids can do the nicest things that melt our hearts!!

Maureen said...

This brought tears and a chuckle. It is SO like little boys to melt your heart and gross you out all within one breath, isn't it? What a compassionate little heart. It's good to know you were in good hands. I hope you do better tonight.