Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I Don't Know

...What to title this post. Seriously, this is going to be a big bunch of randomness!!

I hope you all had a good Valentine's day! We did our usual heart shaped pizza for the kids (John and I had apple wood smoked steaks wrapped in bacon) and chocolate fondue for dessert. Yum!! I almost slept on the couch that night because I was too stuffed and thought I wouldn't make it up the stairs! =) Surprisingly I don't have any pictures of anything we did on Valentine's day.

The only picture I have is this. I was making marshmallow pops to put in the treat box for the kids and B was helping me by holding them until the chocolate hardened. I had the camera handy, so I took a picture. Happy late Valentine's day! I like it anyway.

I have been so excited lately because Baby Girl's hair is getting longer and longer. It is long enough to put in cute pigtails (not the uncute ones I was doing before). I love brushing and fixing her hair, and most of the time she lets me. Sometimes she gets stubborn and wants to do it herself.

The other person who is excited about these pig tails is B, who takes every opportunity to yank on them when he passes by her. I don't know how many times a day I hear her yelling "STOP IT". I told B I was going to put his hair in pig tails and let Baby Girl pull it. Sometimes he's such a brat and loves to taunt and tease his sister. *sigh* I guess that is what big brother's do.


This little girl was over the other day and being way too cute. We got the bubble maker out and she loved it! She kept running through the bubbles and popping them.


And then she started doing this:

I don't know what made her try that, I'm guessing she has seen her brother's trying to catch snow or something. Before I could get her to stop sticking her tongue out, she actually caught one. I didn't have to tell her to keep her mouth closed after that! =)

Want to hear a totally random story? We went to Qdoba for lunch today. I got our food and we were walking to our table. I was walking behind Baby Girl. All of the sudden I see a pair of pink Dora panties come out of her pants and land on the floor. I thought to myself "How the HECK did THAT happen?" I quickly grabbed her panties and shoved them in my coat pocket. I checked Baby Girl and she was still wearing underwear. The only solution I can come up with is this: I pulled her pants out of the laundry basket. Somehow, the panties must have got in her pants while in the dryer. She didn't notice it when she put the pants on, and they fell out when she was walking around in Qdoba. I tell you, stuff like this only happens to me!

This week we are trying to get to the Ice Festival and to the Olympic Training Center, so hopefully I will have some cool pictures to post in the next few days.

7 comments:

bedelia said...

I swear either you or I had the panty thing happen once. EXCEPT it was a sock in a sleeve. I remember it was at church at mutual by the nursery back in Saginaw. I guess it could have been one of my sisters too. Is it weird that I can't remember if it was me? anyways, still funny.

marcia@joyismygoal said...

are you sure they were baby girls and not someone else's?:0 OLOLO Once I was at a shower sitting primly on the couch and looked down to see a dryer sheet coming out of my pant leg everyone saw it and laughed I felt like i was in third grade getting taunted--I now use liquid fabric softener:)

Rach said...

Bedelia, I vaguely remember the sock in the sleeve thing. I can't remember if it was you or me or one of your sisters either. I do remember it being at mutual and for some reason we were running through the halls (I think). Hmm, I'm going to have to rack my brain and see if I can remember any more details, though it's not likely I will. This baby is sapping all my memory cells away! =)

Mel said...

Love the pigtails and love that I am not the only one that was taunted by an older brother.

BTW- T went up to the Ice Festival and said it was pretty good. We have no time this next weekend to do anything fun, so have fun up there for us!

Maureen said...

I love the pigtails too! So cute. Your Valentine's sounds great. Can't EVER go wrong with chocolate fondue! Can't wait to see the ice and OTC pix too.

Jen said...

Those marshmallows look delectable! Such a great idea!

Karina said...

The marshmallows look yummy!! but the panty dropping on the floor..hilarious!!!