Friday, February 19, 2010

Haven't Met You Yet

I don't know if you have heard Michael Buble's new song "Haven't Met You Yet". I LOVE Michael Buble. I know this song is talking about a man finding a woman and falling in love, but every time I hear it I think of something else.

This:


First of all I have to say that having kid #5 took a lot of convincing for me. There were many things I worried about: my sanity, our finances (we are self pay), having a healthy pregnancy and baby, etc. etc. In the end, I knew that we had one more child waiting to come to our family and that things would work out.

There are a few lines in this song that stick out to me. Here they are:

This line: "Somehow I know that it will all turn out. I'll work to work it out. I promise you kid I give so much more than I get. I just haven't met you yet."

This line: "I know that we can be so amazing. And being in your life is gonna change me."

And this line" Baby, your love is gonna change me."

Maybe it's corny, but every time this song comes on I turn up the volume and sing it to our baby. I can't wait to meet her.

8 comments:

Tara said...

I haven't heard that song, but it sounds SO cute! I can't wait to meet her, either. What a sweet post!

bedelia said...

Good song.

Jen said...

CUTE LITTLE BABY SHERWOOD!! So sweet! (And good that she already knows how to pose for the photographer.;)

Maureen said...

I love Buble too, and that song is one of my faves! (Stan gave me the CD for Valentine's Day.) It's a perfect song for your little baby. I'll never hear it the same way again. (btw, those little cheeks look awfully kissable, don't they???)

Mel said...

He does have some great songs, including that one. Not much longer (well, ok maybe it will be much shorter for me than you)

Amanda said...

I love that song! I hadn't thought about it that way, but it's seems to fit pretty well.

Maddy said...

I LOVE that song, but I never thought of it baby wise. Now you have ME crying.

swampbaby said...

I haven't been on many blogs for like months now, but I stopped by today. Congrats on girl #2. You are doing great and you look great, too!