
He loosened up a little as we were walking to school. He even started jumping up on the rocks. Here is a much better smile.
Then it was time for me to go. His teacher was adamant about parents not coming in the classroom so I snapped this picture just after she put his name tag on. Notice the nervous face is back. I wanted so bad to run in there, scoop him up, give him one last hug, tell him how much fun he was going to have in school, and tell him I would be there (early) when it was time to pick him up. Why do they have to grow up so fast?
The walk home was a lonely one for me. Now as I sit here in front of my computer the house is too too quiet. I take comfort in the fact that I still have two little ones at home with me. What am I going to do when my baby starts kindergarten?? Part of me thinks that I will come home and party, reveling in my new found freedom. The other part of me knows that I will come home, shed a few tears, and wonder where the time has gone.





2 comments:
Time goes by too fast. Who knew that you would get to this point so fast? Cuddle that baby, kiss her big sister till she wriggles away! And have fun when the boys come home at the end of their day.
I did love the time I had with my little ones when the others were in school. Especially when there was just one, but I can say it never gets easier to send them off no matter how old they are. Get used to the tears---I think they are here to stay.
Post a Comment