Sunday, August 8, 2010

Little Girls

Raising little girls is a completely different experience than raising little boys. Boys are fairly simple in their needs and their emotions. But girls - girls can be sweet, sassy, dramatic, endearing, loving, and pouty all in the same breath. I love it (most of the time)!

Yesterday Big Sis had a little playmate over and it was so fun to watch them play together. That's another reason little girls are so fun, it makes me feel like I am reliving my childhood a little.

They started out pushing their babies around the house in their stroller and shopping cart. Then they decided to dress up in princess clothes.

Aren't they so darn cute?


I love watching them walk around the house in shoes that are waaaaaay to big for them. Hopefully these shoes don't end up causing serious injury.

And my other little girl is growing up way too fast. She is 3 months old already. The other day I set her down in this thing and went to use the bathroom. Her head was facing towards the right of the screen. But when I came back to get her...


This is what I found! She is off the blanket and her head is now facing the left side of the screen. She doesn't roll yet, but digs her heels into the ground and arches her back to move. Now, I can't just set her on the couch or my bed for a second, she might fall off.


Oh, and she's laughing and cooing now. I love baby voices, it's like listening to angels.


I am seriously so blessed to have these 2 little girls in my life.

5 comments:

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Rachel,
I for one, want to see more picutres of that baby. She looks so different. I keep checking your photo site too, and nothing there. I know you are busy, but with kids back in school (mine, thankfully have a few more weeks) you could post some of your cute baby...just for a long lost friend who lives far away.

Ashley Tremaine said...

My little Owen did the same scooting thing. I left him under the same type of mat and looked away...once i looked back he was half under the couch!! Girls are fun...I know it will get difficult in a few years, but for now it's fun!!

Tara said...

Oh I love that little gummy smile! Girls are awesome!

Maureen said...

I adore that picture of your baby girl laughing. One of my favorite sounds in the world. I found it on a ringtone website yesterday and kept playing it. My boys were laughing at me. Your description fits--it does sound like angels. Enjoy your blessings.....

Dirk and Trish said...

I don't know much about boys, but can agree w/ all the girl stuff. They are wonderful, the "angel voices" are the greatest sound in the world, and they grow so fast.