Saturday, August 28, 2010

My First (and probably last) Attempt

Today was my friend's daughter's birthday party. She is turning 2 on Wednesday. I went with her mom to the store today in search of a princess cake. We didn't get one. Not a princess cake to be found anywhere. I had a princess cake topper at my house, so I decided that I was going to make a princess cake for my friend.

I have never made any kind of decorative cake before so I don't know what I was thinking. So, I went to my sister-in law's house (who makes awesome cakes) and had her give me a few pointers and she gave me some icing bags and frosting tips. Family is awesome!! Here is my first attempt at making a cake:


Don't look too closely or you'll discover that Princess Belle could probably use a new tailor. =)

It's okay though, because all that matters is that the birthday girl liked it.


At least I think she did!



5 comments:

Maryle said...

It looks great for your first attempt. Don't give up! A little instruction and practice and you could be great!

Maureen said...

That cake was beautiful! And the smile that that little girl's face says it all. You done good Rach! Better than! I think you could do it again for your own little princesses! :D

Anonymous said...

Looks fantastic. Especially for a first try!! I'm such a great teacher! ;) Especially, since I gave you a bag, showed you two ribbons, and then left for a party with nothing more than, "practice and good luck". You get all the credit for this beauty. Great job!

Mel said...

Hey, I've made one of those before, only it was just a Barbie, not a true princess. You did good. It does take practice and patience and the ablility to not be so hard on yourself. Don't give up....you still have 2 girls of your own to make cakes for.

BTW..I have some cake decorating stuff if you ever want to attempt it again. (I think you should)

Maddy said...

Well I think that is one amazing cake. I could never do anything that great.