Brinkley started obedience classes yesterday. Surprisingly he did very well. He becomes a totally different animal in a pack. The instructor said that Golden Retrievers are like sponges, and their whole goal in life is to please their master. So far that has been true. He was the best and most well behaved in the class (I know you're in shock if you have seen my dog). We just didn't know how to bring it out of him I guess. Now we have one of these:

It's a clicker. Classical Conditioning at its best, my friends. When Brinkley does something good, we click it and immediately give him a treat. Soon he will associate the clicker with the positive behavior. The next couple of days we have to "load the clicker" which means we give him a treat immediately and every time we click it. Eventually we decrease the amount of treats and wait a few seconds before we give it to him. He has taken to it like a duck in water (or whatever that saying is).
Sorry if this doesn't make sense. I have not been sleeping well these last couple of days. We have a Ward activity on Friday and I keep waking myself up at night with thoughts like these:
-Call about the water coolers
-We need score sheets for the chili
-get prizes for the cookoff and the activities
-Should I get a butterfly brush set for photoshop?
I always get stressed and can't sleep before a big activity. Friday night I should be sawing logs.



2 comments:
I am the same way. When I was YW President in Mass. I could never sleep well right before the big events. Glad to hear someone is the same.
I think your dog is WAY cute. And I hope you sleep well tonight after the activity is over!
Post a Comment