They are our dear friends (John and Chris grew up together) and we have enjoyed starting a "conference tradition" with them. We really love spending the weekend with them, and our kids get along great. We play in the hot tub, hike around the lake, watch conference (which was amazing), play games and just enjoy hanging out.
Chris decided to join the military and they are leaving tomorrow to go to Hawaii (rough place to be stationed) for the next three years. This weekend was potentially our last "Conference Weekend" trip. We will really miss these guys and will be so sad when April rolls around and we don't go to Loveland. Maybe we'll have to do conference in Hawaii!!
While we were there we took some pictures at the sculpture park. Here are some of the "serious" ones we took.

And if you know us at all, you know we are not so serious sometimes. I couldn't resist a few silly shots. I call this one "Reaching for the Wind". I blend in to the statue, but I am there right in front.
I call this one "Secret". He is laughing at the statue in front of him, but I thought this angle was funnier. =)



4 comments:
Nice pictures and sounds like a fun weekend. Only you, skinny one, could blend into a statue like that.
What a great tradition to have memories of. And Hawaii sounds like a good plan .....
Really like the photos. You have a great imagination!
I hate it when good friends move! UGH! At least they're moving somewhere you'd totally want to visit!
Glad you had a great "last" time. I want you to know I finally did it-a blog. Check it out at www.mcapocketfulofsunshine.blogspot.com
How's Duke?
Post a Comment