Yesterday I was out looking for costumes for my kiddos. Everywhere I went they wanted $20 for them. Maybe I am getting cheap in my old age, but I am just not going to pay that much (times four) for a costume my kids are going to wear for one night. Walmart even wanted $35 for a Hannah Montana costume. Not that I was considering it for Baby Girl, but I couldn't believe someone would pay that for a blonde wig and sparkly shirt. Then you have to pay an extra $5 for a microphone, and even more for some gloves or something. I don't get it. Someone told me that Goodwill had some costumes so we went to check it out.
J in his Gryffindor robes, and T as Darth Vader
Wow, we got costumes for the kids for $14. I still have to find something for Baby Girl, but I paid less for the boys than I would have paid for one costume elsewhere. What a steal. Anyone interested in starting a Halloween costume exchange for next year??
It seems like this week is a week for goodbyes. First, our friends from Loveland, and last night we had a goodbye party for a friend who is moving to Texas. We went to Panera Bread and then went bowling. I haven't been bowling in forever!! I rock on the Wii, but in real life I get excited if I get close to 100. It was good times though, and good company. Anyone else want to move this week so we can have another party??
The one in the bluish-greenish shirt is moving



4 comments:
I hate saying good bye. Why dpes everyone move at once?
Good steals on the costumes. I'm impressed. I want my kids to MAKE a costume -- remember those days? Of course Nate had to be a blue power ranger because we couldn't find Speed racer. BLAH!
What a great shopper! Our kids, when they were a bit older then yours, discovered the joy of cardboard and duct tape in making costumes. Even cheaper than Goodwill!
The party for Laura looked like fun too. One of the hardest things in life is when friends move away.
I'm all for the costume exchange! I have a cute little giraffe costume that would probably fit baby girl! I need to tell Sommar that I have a cute little lady bug costume that Ally could wear! It's for little ones! Remind me!!
Okay Rachel-who is the girl in the yellow striped shirt with the red hair. I recognize her from BYU. I used to work in hiring--and I swear she worked at the MTC. You can e-mail me to keep identities safe if you want!
Maybe I am crazy...but she looks really familiar!
Also, I do have some costumes--and would be happy to trade anytime. Last year we got a costume for Tanner at Goodwill too--and paid $3
Post a Comment