Monday, October 27, 2008

Treasures

This morning was a bad one, infact I would venture to say that it was awful. I have had little sleep for the last several days so I woke up grumpy, the kids were pushing every button, and I have a million things piling up that are beyond the scope of this blog (yes there are SOME things I keep personal). I sat down at the computer ready to throw in the towel, moved the mouse and Photoshop came up with these pictures which I have recently been editing:





And my heart melted. I thought of all the things that have been pulling my time - exercise, scrapbooking, taxes, cleaning, bills, laundry, planning activities, blogging, dogs - and it was a reminder to me that my treasure lies in none of these things. What matters most to me are the four little children who live in my home, my husband, and the gospel. With the right perspective, life can be very beautiful. Really it can, and I say that not to remind you, but me.

7 comments:

Holly said...

Cute pictures! I love capturing moments like those!

Mel said...

You should have called me. We could have done lunch. Everything seems better after a good lunch out somewhere.

Jamie said...

Rachel, your blogs are always so sweet. Way to keep perspective - I admire you!

Teeples Family said...

Thanks for the reminder; I know I needed that too!

Maureen said...

You remind us all .... where our treasures lie, so does our heart. It's obvious that your children and husband feel your love, and that truly is a gift that only you can give. Beautiful photos! Again I say, you have quite the eye for capturing the beauty of everyday life!

Maddy said...

Those are so sweet. I love dads and their little girls!

Robin said...

Wonderful pictures. I love them You guys lok happy