Monday, March 9, 2009

I'm retarded!

Well, I can't believe I am going to give you proof of my retardedness, but here goes:

My alarm clock goes off at 7 am every morning, though I usually don't need it because the kids have been up since 6:30. John said that this morning I turned the alarm off, but I don't remember that. The first thing I remember is John saying "Do the kids have school today? It's 7:45." (which is usually the time they are walking out the door). I immediately went into rush mode, woke up the kids, made them breakfast, got their lunches, got their snacks and sent them out the door at 8:02 (which is record time by the way). The school locks their doors at 8:05 so I told the kids that if the school was locked to come back home and I would take them up and check them in. A few minutes later I see them walking back down the street. I grabbed the other two kids and started getting them in the car when J ran up and said "Mom we don't have school today". Sure enough, today is report card day. If I hadn't started rushing around, and actually thought about what day it was I would have remembered that. The funny thing is that John started off my morning by asking if the kids had school or not. I'm defintely retarded.

I want to forget all about this morning, but here are two things I want to remember from today:

We went to the store and the car next to us in the parking lot had a dog in it. It started barking at us and Baby Girl started barking back at it. The further away from the dog we got, the louder she got. So, by the time we got in the store she was screaming "Ruff Ruff" at the top of her lungs! We got a few looks from some of the customers, but I was laughing too hard to care.

We were going to Costco to get some gas. B asked where we were going and I told him. He responded with "Yeah we better get some gas before the car explodes". Well, okay we better hurry!

8 comments:

Tara said...

Oh how funny!! I had to do the whole school thing 'cuz Morgan still had preschool. It's been a LOOOONG day! This time change has really messed me up!

Jamie said...

haaaaa haaaa! Am I evil for thinking that was funny? :) I am just always happy to hear about someone else being forgetful besides me! The only reason I remembered is because my kids kept reminding me...

I am still not used to "snow days" so I have sent my kids to school a few times on a delay day. I think I am finally catching on though...

Holly said...

I have been there! I remember this one day (when I was in HS) I thought I was totally late for school...so...I got up, showered, got dressed, did my hair and makeup...then, went to my room to grab something before heading out the door...and it was 3AM!!!
I love that your little girl was barking super loud! That's funny!

Mel said...

HA HA. That is way to funny. Should I tell you that I enjoyed a nice lazy morning, not getting out of bed for the day until after 9. I won't mention that I was up at 4:45 to make sure T was up for Seminary and then again at 6:45 to make sure M was up for school. But it was nice to climb back in bed and fall back asleep. They were very bummed that they had to go to school still.

Karla said...

I am in the habit these days of remembering when there is no school because I look forward to not having to go to school so many times a day. :) We enjoyed a jammie day and it was nice to just stay home all day.

I never would have guessed baby girl is so loud. I guess she has to be to keep up with the brothers.

Maureen said...

Well, it's better than rushing to school on a snow day and having the janitor look at you like you're too stupid to listen to the radio (which is what I did one day!)

I wish I could have seen that cute little girl barking. Did you bark back at her? I would have been tempted....

Maddy said...

Oh man that SUUUUUUCKS!

The Lee Family said...

Oh, that's hilarious--all of it. It's amazing what we do when we go on autopilot.