Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Today

As I type this, choruses of "I want some" and "outside" are still being sung by Baby Girl. These are her new favorite words and since she is so darn cute and the weather has been warm she is usually obliged on both requests.

I kiss this little forehead hundreds of times each day as I carry this little girl around.


Today she was sitting in my lap and stood up and gave me a kiss on my forehead. It was sweet.

We went to the park today. The temperature was record highs and you can't waste a day of record highs in the house. I was brave and took all the kids plus Brinkley. We had a great time taking turns throwing the ball for him. He was absolutely perfectly behaved at the park. It figures that now that we are adopting him out, he is on his best behavior.

B dumped out all 1000 poker chips for the 100th time today. But I didn't seem to mind. We picked them up together while we laughed and had races to see who could pick up the most of one color. In Sacrament we usually keep B busy by drawing faces on each of his fingers. Today he asked me if I would draw some faces for him so I did. He is walking around calling them his "friends". Should I be concerned?


He insists on having a different face on each finger, so if you are wondering why there are angry and sad faces that's the reason.

There has been a heavenly presence in our home the last few days that I can only attribute to our temple trip on Saturday. It had been a couple of months since our last trip and I don't think I realized how much I need that spiritual high in my life until we were on the freeway and I caught my first glimpse of the temple steeple with the Angel Moroni glistening in the sun. My heart started beating faster and my eyes started to tear up and I thought "Wow, I haven't even stepped inside yet and I already feel like this." I cannot go to the temple without feeling peace, a deeper love for my family, and a greater feeling of self worth as I realize how much my Heavenly Father loves me. It makes me a better wife, a better mother, a better person all the way around. It brings a wonderful spirit into my life and home, that I didn't even realize had been missing until I went again. Moral of the story: go to the temple more frequently.

5 comments:

Tara said...

AMEN! That's my goal!

We missed you at the playgroup! What park did YOU go to?

I think I saw your kids outside shirtless today? I was clear up the street, but I think it was them. Was it?

Wasn't it a BEAUTIFUL day? (minus the wind)

Jamie said...

I am definitely enjoying the wind. There is a park right outside the Y and everyday Emi asks if we can play there. It's nice to finally NOT have to say "no, it's too cold for the park."

Jamie said...

I meant warm weather, not wind, you probably figured that. (Of coarse the last word from your last comment is the first word stuck in my brain.)

Maureen said...

I loved this posting! There are days you just want to wrap around you like a warm blanket or a hug. Kissing that little forehead, faces on fingers, and the peace of a loving Father in your heart. What a day.

I am trying to have more faith and gratitude in my heart, and your posting reminds me not to take any day for granted, and to feel that faith and gratitude every single day. The temple is the perfect place to enhance that!

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

I too enjoyed your post. I need to get to the temple myself, I love that it puts things like spilling poker chips into perspective. Lately that eternal perspective has been a bit distant. Thanks for the reminder.