Saturday, January 31, 2009

6 years

6 years ago today I saw his face and held him for the very first time. I took off his hat, pulled back his blanket and counted his fingers and toes. I fell in love for the third time in my life. Today he turned 6 years old and I can't believe how much he has grown. It seems like I am constantly asking myself where the years have gone.


T is my sensitive guy. You have to be careful how you scold and punish him. He gets very upset when someone teases him. But he is also the first one to give you a hug when you're feeling down. He loves to cook and he loves to eat. He loves to laugh. He is very, very protective of his little sister and he is the only brother she will cuddle up to and play with. T is usually very obedient and the first person to ask if he can help. I think he will grow into a fine young man, a valiant missionary, and a loving, sensitive husband and father.

Today we had his birthday party, and it was potentially the strangest party I have thrown. I asked him what he wanted to do and he had a whole list of things he wanted to do and games he wanted to play that had no common theme. So we did a "My Favorite Things" party. Here are some pictures:

Making Martian bodies

Playing "Dont Eat Pete"

Blowing out the candles


Opening Presents

I can't believe that 6 years have gone by so fast. T is such a blessing to me and our family. I am so glad he came to our home.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday T!!!
We're looking forward to the bierthday party part 2.

Tara said...

Oh Happy Birthday! He's such a cute kid! I love being in Primary with him. He's so sweet!

Phillip & Diana Steffes said...

AWW your first paragraph sounded just like Isaac, except for the obedient part ;)I think it's time to try for baby girl #2

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Are you having more? I always liked T. Shy, but just one of those kids you can't help but love.

swampbaby said...

I love your "My Favorite Things" theme to roll it all together. Happy Birthday T! It does go fast - I'll be writing a similar post for Little J in a couple of months!

Maddy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!