J comes home from school very excited and tells me that he got a handful of candy from his teacher because he answered a question in school that no one else could answer. I believe the question was "What is a mineral?" Anyway I was excited that he was excited and asked him "How he was so smart" I said "It's probably because you have such a smart Mom."
Here is where I imagined he would say something like "That's true, you are a genius." Or at the very least "Yeah probably."
But he didn't. My son said "Or it could be because of Dad."
Well hello, humility - nice to see you again!
Friday, January 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
That's hilarious! I KNOW my kids would say it was from their dad... he's who is always helping Nicole with her math homework! (Is it just me or is 3rd grade math hard? I can't believe I just admitted that!)
So, what is a mineral? I sure don't think I could come up with a definition. Kids are great for helping us stay humble.
According to J a mineral is "a solid formed by nature that has never been alive". I couldn't come up with that on the spot either. Maybe I should go back to 3rd grade!
LOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOL!
Ha ha!!! My kids can be the same way. I have to be my own ego boost.
Post a Comment