So much that I packed all 4 kids in the car and drove 12 hours to Texas by MYSELF to see them. Everyone kept saying that I was "brave" to do that, which I think was really code for "Man she's crazy". The drive stunk not because of the kids (they were fantastic actually) but because after you have driven 10 hours and you still have a couple more to go you tend to get a little grumpy and tired. It was worth it though. The kids absolutely LOVE Grandpa's house. They have lots of acres to run around on, a pond to throw rocks in, cows to feed, and a tractor to ride. Honestly, it is a little boys dream. Here are some pictures of our trip:

Baby Girl loved her Grandpa. I thought it would take her a while to warm up, but she would follow him around and sit on his lap and give him hugs.
The cows. Seriously these are my Dad's babies. These 6 cows are the luckiest cows in the world, he spoils them.
Where I live we hire a trash service to pick up our trash and haul it to the dump. In the country, this is what they do with their trash.

She thinks my tractor's sexy!!. This was J's favorite part of the trip. Grandpa let him drive most of the time. When he got off the first time he exclaimed "I didn't know driving could be so fun!" He literally asked his Grandpa 20 times a day if he could ride the tractor.

Feeding the cows.
Me and my brothers. I know we are dorks. I was so fun to sit around with them and talk about old times. They love to bring up all my embarassing stories (that's what brothers are for). I love my family. I love visiting them and I wish we lived closer. It is nice to be with people who know all about you - all your weird habits and crazy personality traits - and they love you anyway. It was a really fun trip, but we are glad to be home today. I will miss all the good Mexican food and Blue Bell ice cream though.
4 comments:
That is so cool that you came down. I think it great, I know everyone loved seeing you. I bet yor kiddos had so much fun on grandpa farm. What a great picture of grandpa and baby girl. You captured it great.
I can see that goofiness runs in your family :) I love that you can take your kids out to the country - I would love to raise my kids on a farm (but not have to do any of the farm work myself :)).
Looks like you had a great time despite the long drive. It is always worth the trip to see family. I couldn't go this year because of all the snow they got-travel would have been murder.
What a fun trip! Your house reminds me of mine! We didn't have a farm, but my dad is a veterinarian, so we were always around animals, and lived in the country. I love visiting, going fishing, canoeing up at the lake; It really is the good life! BUT, I usually can't wait to get back to Colorado and to the stores and restaurants that stay open after 7pm!
Glad you had a nice holiday!
Post a Comment