Today was T's first day of kindergarten. He was so darn excited to get out the door that it almost made me a little sad. He is my shy guy and has always loved being near me - helping me in the kitchen, going grocery shopping with me. I was kind of counting on him to walk by me on the way to school and be a little hesitant to go in his class. He wasn't!! I am glad he is growing up and excited to do new things, but there is that little part of me that still wants him to need me. It's silly, I know.
Anyway here he is in the front yard. This is his "Come on Mom, let's go!!!" face.

He ran all the way to the school despite my best efforts to keep him by me. He is not the kid in the red here, he is one of the two black dots on the cement. At least he stoppped by the door and waited for me so I could show him where his class was.

His teacher had them all pick a book and take it "quietly" to the carpet. He is sitting next to a neighbor boy here. Hopefully these two won't cause trouble together.

So this is gross, but I'm a Mom of boys and can appreciate something like this when I see it. We saw this bad boy on the way home from dropping off T. You can't tell from the picture, but it was almost as long as my forearm. Yeah, I said it was gross. B wanted to take it home so it could play with the Rolly Polly he had in his hand.
6 comments:
Its always sad as your kids enter a new phase of life. But the new phase is always fun. Enjoy the time with your baby girl. Love ya
ewwww but great catch from one mom of boys to another
Oh, the first day of kindergarten. Tugs at your heartstrings, doesn't it? I love the excitement, but at the same time makes me want to roll back the hands of time. You have such a sweet family.....
EWWW!! I guess I'll have to get used to that. For now, my GIRLS are really into ladybugs and that's enough for me! We'll see what Tyler brings home to me one of these days!
Congrats on the big day! I think that he and the neighbor boy just might cause trouble! I know that neighbor boy, and he's a crack up!
I can't believe that worm.
WOO HOO for school!!! I'm jealous that they let you come in their room on the first day of school. Our school is NO parents for 2 weeks. BLAH!
Post a Comment