Tuesday, August 19, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things...

Today was a fun day. Here are a few of my favorite happenings today:

Not having to get up and get the kids off to school because today is a "literacy day". What the heck does that mean??

Being able to take a shower this morning uninterrupted.

Going to the zoo.

Watching a fly buzz around the window and B turning and asking "Do you want me to smash it?"

Chasing Baby Girl around the house until she was laughing so hard she couldn't walk straight.

Reading some jokes with J and him laughing and then saying "I don't get it".

Getting 99% on one of the Rock Band songs (yes, still addicted)

Going to a baby shower, hanging out with the girls, and coming home to all the kids asleep in bed.

Right now the house is quiet and it is wonderful. I should really go to bed and get some sleep, but I'm sure there are some Olympics on or some Rock Band songs I could complete.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I didn't get to do any of those favorite things yesterday. Not fair!

Tara said...

Sounds like a fun day! I love how you and J were reading jokes and he laughed, but didn't get'em! That's so funny! Nicole is the same way sometimes!! That's almost funnier than the jokes themselves!

Maddy said...

We love Rock band too. Last night I got 1oo% on Roxanne on Medium. I am AWESOME!

Jamie said...

That day was a good day for me, too. You are such a cute mom, Rachel! You must teach me this rock band game.