Yesterday was our ward activity. I am only doing a post about it here because I was in charge of it, and it was quite the undertaking yesterday. We had planned to have the activity outside, and had made arrangements to have it at another church building. Everything was planned and running smoothly. As I laid in bed the night before listening to it POUR outside, I knew there was going to be no way we could have the activity outside. So what would have been a stress free day turned into one frenzied day of last minute planning and getting things ready. Gotta love Mother Nature!! I spent the whole day scrambling to the church building to set up tables and chairs, trying to think of new activities that could be done indoors, calling members of the ward to inform them of the change in location, and trying to be nice to my kids (John was out of town - great timing I know). At least I have AWESOME friends who helped me out all day yesterday. THANKS (those of you who read this blog)!! Here are a few pictures from the activity:
Eating Dinner
The High Priests playing "tug of war"
What the??? I have no idea how this picture got on my camera!!
The Primary kids playing "Pass the Hoop"
The youth playing "Can Can". A surprisingly violent game where you are trying to get everyone else to touch the garbage can in the middle while trying not to touch it yourself.
The best Hula Hoopers in the ward. I know it is cheesy, but what do you expect from last minute games??
I am so glad it is over. I wish I could spend the day today sipping hot chocolate (yes it is actually that cold here) and watching the Olympics; too bad my darn husband is in New York!!



3 comments:
Good job pulling through like that! I wouldn't want your job! What are you doing blogging about this so early in the morning, after a day like you had, I'd still be sleeping!:)
That was a great activity. Thanks for all you did to pull it together under crazy circumstances. It was surely a highlight of our kids' week. You do a great job with the activities!
You have way better ward activities than us. Did you want to move back to Provo and do our activities?
Post a Comment