Saturday, August 30, 2008

Midnight Sun

For those who are Stephenie Meyer's fans, there is good and bad news. The bad news is that someone ilegally leaked a rought draft of her book "Midnight Sun" on the internet. The draft was unfinished and the incident was so upsetting to Stephenie that she says she will indefinitely post the finishing of this book. This is truly bad news and we should all observe a moment of silence.

The good news is that she posted the unfinished manuscript on her website. I stayed up until 1:30 last night reading it. It is fantastic!! It is awesome to be able to read Midnight Sun and Twilight side by side and get the perspective of both people involved. I will be tired again today, but it was well worth it. Check out Midnight Sun here.

5 comments:

Tara said...

WHAT!!!!!!????
I was looking forward to reading that, but not on the computer! I'm so bummed! I hope this is just some sort of trick or something and she'll end up publishing it, too!

Jewelz said...

I can't believe you read it! I'm refusing to read it until she publishes it - I'm holding out hope. I was so devestated for her though. Can you imagine what she's been going through this past month?
On a happier note, I just found out a girl I knew growing up (her mom & mine are best friends) is BEST FRIENDS with Stephenie Meyer! She actually saw the roough cut of THE movie w/ SM. Guess who I'll be calling when she gets back home to AZ from her trip to UT?

Leah Marie said...

I hate the jerk that leaked it.

But I loved reading it!

I was was bummed it cut off before the meadow scene though. I really, really hope she publishes it eventually.

Jamie said...

Kali is sick today so I stayed home with her and was finally able to finish it. I have to say I loved it more than Twilight. I hope hope hope that she finishes writing it. I was going CRAZY not being able to read the whole "Edward in the sun" scene.

Maddy said...

Thanks for the heads up. I'll go take a look. Bummer, but at least we've got Nov 21 to look forward to!