Thursday, August 21, 2008

Random News



Every morning when J and T walk to school, B goes and stands on the sidewalk and waves bye to them until he can't see them anymore. I think it is so cute, but a little sad also. He wishes he were a "big boy" and could go to school too. Honestly though, I think he enjoys the time by himself because he can play with anything he wants and he gets Mom all to himself.


In other news, J started piano lessons today. His teacher is the lady who plays the piano in primary. J is excited that he will get to "learn to play the Primary songs as good as Sr. Wasden." Hopefully I won't have to nag him every day to practice. We'll see.


John has what we call his "oh so precious remote." It is one of those snazzy universal remotes that does everything but flush the toilet. Well, yesterday Brinkley got his a hold of it. See the screen? It's busted. The buttons still work, but you can't read the display very well. We almost gave Brinkley away yesterday. This is definitely NOT something we will be laughing about in a few years. Infact, every time we pick up the remote we want to kick the dog


6 comments:

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Wow you have two going to school now! I haven't reached that milestone yet. This is the first time I looked at your blog, it is nice and I can't believe how much Ashley has grown! So big!

Maureen said...

This must be the week for bad dog stories. Our beagle Daisy had an accident overnight (she's 12 so I try to understand). But the puddle stretched from the kitchen sink out to behind Stan's chair at the dining room table. Ickk!!!
I feel your pain ....

Tara said...

Yeah, same here on the dog giveaway! Daisy has chewed a corner of our leather couches!!! I could drop kick her sometimes! Luckily the couches are 10 yrs old and I REALLY want to replace them anyway...just can't afford it NOW!!

Maddy said...

Oh man, sorry about the remote. I tell the kids we can't ave a pet because they're like a whole nother child.

I'm jealous your boys can walk to school!

Teeples Family said...

Glad you finally got J into piano lessons! Darn my waiting list!

Having the kids back in school has been rough for Emma too; she has lost her playmates. She loves having me to herself, but misses the kids, and has to be there every morning when they walk to school.

But soon enough, their turn will come! Too soon I think!

Jamie said...

Kali also takes from Sis. Wasden and really likes her. She is very patient, unlike me. Kali and I always get into a battle when she is practicing and Kali always says "Sis. Wasden NEVER yells at me!"